The GST Portal allows registrants to upload documents, whether they are submitting a core amendment to the registration or responding to a tax official’s inquiry in Form GST REG-13.
During GST Registration, When To File A Clarification?
Depending on whether the GST officer is satisfied with the information you provided in your GST enrollment application or the documents you attached, you may be asked for clarification.
A ‘Pending Clarification’ status is now applied to the application. The GST Portal will require you to log in with your TRN within 7 working days of receiving the notice and provide the requested clarifications electronically or upload the requested document(s).
‘Pending Clarification’ – Reasons for GST Registration Status
The GST Portal allows taxpayers to register for GST. Within seven working days, the GST Department approves or rejects a taxpayer’s application for registration.
GST officers may occasionally need more information or documentation. GST registration status is set to ‘Pending Clarification’ in this scenario. The GST officer will request additional information and documents from the taxpayer in the email that follows.
A number of reasons call for clarification:
- The application is missing the required documents and information
- There is no permission letter to use the premises for business purposes in the file
- Documents supporting the NOC do not correspond with the address on it
- Documents uploaded as proof of address are neither readable nor clear.
Procedure to Filing a Clarifications in GST Registration
Take the following steps to respond to clarifications requested on the GST web portal:
- Access the URL https://www.gst.gov.in/.
If you are registering for the first time:
- Register by clicking the REGISTER NOW button
- There is a Temporary Reference Number (TRN) available
- Click on ‘PROCEED’ once you enter your TRN
- If you received an OTP on your mobile number or email address, enter it here
- To proceed, select PROCEED.
There is a 10-minute validity period for the OTP.
- Use your valid credentials to log in to the GST Portal.
- Please click on Services>Registration>Application for Filing Clarifications.
- In the field titled ‘Reference No. of Notice’, enter the reference number on the notice you have received for submitting clarifications.
- In the (ARN) Application Reference Number field, you can also enter the same number.
- SEARCH will appear once you click SEARCH. In the Registration Application Modification field, select Yes or No.
- In the original application, the fields for which a notice has been issued can be edited. Add any needed additional documents and make any necessary edits.
- Please enter the additional information in the Additional Information field if No.
- Depending on the circumstances, submit the application by DSC or E-SIGN.
- CLICK SUBMIT TO SUBMIT WITH E-SIGN.
- Click the AGREE button under the Declaration box.
- ‘Verify Aadhaar’ OTP is displayed on this screen. Enter the OTP sent to your registered e-mail address and mobile number. Click CONTINUE.
- A success message appears.