GST (Goods and Service Tax) is currently imposed on all businesses and individuals that supply goods or services. In all Indian states, except those in north-eastern India, you must register with GSTN (Goods and Service Tax Network) if you have an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 20 lakh.
When you register for the program, you will be given a GSTIN (Goods and Service Tax Identification Number). The Central Government issues you a 15-digit number once you have registered. By registering with GST, you become a legally recognized supplier. The recipient of goods and services can be charged both input tax credit and GST.
The following documents must be provided by registrars
See the documents you’ll need when applying for GST registration.
- A copy of the applicant’s PAN card.
- The charter or partnership deed of a company.
- Promoter or partner PAN cards, voter identification cards, and/or Aadhaar cards.
- An electricity bill, lease agreement, or government documents in special economic zones are proof of the business address.
- Company, firm, or person’s bank account statement.
How to Register for GST
For GST registration, you have two options: online registration or at a GST Seva Kendra.
You can register for GST online in a few steps.
- GST portal can be accessed here.
- To create a new account, click on ‘Registration‘ under ‘Services‘.
- In the drop-down menu for ‘I am a taxpayer’, select ‘taxpayer.’
- In order to register a new business, you must provide the business name, state, phone number, email address, and PAN card.
- Enter the one-time password you received to your mobile number and email address, then click on ‘Proceed.’
- Once you’ve completed Part A and moved on to Part B, you’ll receive a Temporary Reference Number (TRN). Write it down.
GST registration – PART B
- Start by entering your TRN log-in and CAPTCHA code for part B. Confirm your OTPs by entering the OTPs you received to your registered email and mobile numbers. Click “Register for GST” to begin the registration process.
- Name your company, provide your PAN number, state in which you are registered, and the date your business was founded. Make sure the information here matches that which you have on file.
- Up to 10 promoters or business partners should also be included in your business plan. Ownership firms must also list the proprietor. Personal information, a designation, a DIN (Director Identification Number), and an Aadhaar number are among the necessary information.
- After submitting the contact information of your authorized GST return filer, follow this up with the name and telephone number.
- Be sure to include the address and contact information for your company’s principal office, as well as the type of lease you have.
- The company’s bank account information, any additional locations, and information on the products and services it will provide are also important.
- Upload the required documents to register your business.
- Choosing ‘Save and continue‘ will save your changes. The application must be signed electronically once it has been submitted.
- Your information will be saved when you click ‘Submit‘.
- You will receive a confirmation number (ARN) by email or SMS once your application has been submitted.
Input tax credit invoices must have a GSTN number. The service assists you in obtaining input tax credits, registering your business, and improving your credibility in the market. GST compliance is required, as is timely filing of GST returns. Registration certificates can also be downloaded from the GST portal once you have registered.