Apparel Export Promotion Council: What Is It?
It is the nodal agency of the Government of India responsible for promoting and enhancing ready-made garment exports worldwide. Through various schemes and programs, it also encourages garment export businesses. AEPC serves as a bridge between the government and apparel exporters. Ready-made garment exports promoted by the AEPC do not include woolen knitwear and leather, jute, and hemp garments.
Apparel Export Promotion Council: How Does It Promote Exports?
In order to promote garment exports, the AEPC works tirelessly. As part of this effort, it undertakes a variety of activities and programs. The following is a list of the activities the AEPC has conducted to promote Indian garment exports internationally.
- In order to facilitate business arrangements between buyers and sellers, AEPC arranges Buyer Seller Meets (BSMs). A variety of BSMs have been conducted in countries such as Japan, South Africa, and Spain
- In order to disseminate technical knowledge, managerial aspects, and other important details about the garment industry, the AEPC conducts workshops. Workshops are open to designers from a wide range of countries
- In addition to identifying trade delegations, the AEPC sends them. To promote India’s exports, such delegations travel to potential markets
- Additionally, the AEPC provides training and educational opportunities to the garment industry’s workforce. Human resource development in the apparel sector ensures a steady supply of skilled workers for export businesses.
- AEPC conducts seminars. There is discussion on GST, UPI, and the Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) in these seminars.
- The organization of international fairs is another important AEPC activity. Indian apparel exporters have a golden opportunity to connect with potential foreign clients at such fairs. AEPC showcases India’s best garment export capabilities at the India International Garment Fair twice a year. The fairs feature over 350 exhibitors showcasing their products
- A website provided by AEPC provides solutions to all garment export queries. This portal provides valuable information, export opportunities, and inputs regarding the apparel industry in one place
- AEPC publishes the ‘Apparel India’ magazine every month to keep exporters informed about government policies and initiatives.
- A well-equipped library at AEPC’s Mumbai and Gurgaon locations offers all the latest market trends related to fashion.
- The AEPC does not lack on the research and development front. It vigorously works towards gathering data to explore new markets and products of potential exports. It does so by conducting surveys and gathering research reports, and journals
- The members of AEPC are supported with information on trade enquiries, and global tenders. They have access to a comprehensive database on the textile industry, products, and companies, reports published on business opportunities, market products, and trade statistics
- To encourage the exporters, the AEPC rolls out various schemes, and incentives like the Interest Subvention scheme, and Market Development Scheme among others. Such schemes are especially targeted toward small-scale industries
- The Apparel Export Promotion Council organises programs like roadshows as a part of its agenda to promote Indian ready-made garment exports worldwide.
How to Get the Best From the AEPC
- Whenever the Apparel Export Promotion Council launches programs or schemes, every garment exporter can gain concessions or gain access to new markets.
- In particular, the council focuses its schemes on small-scale garment exporters
- It is possible for exporters to gain a better understanding of market dynamics and the kind of demand in a particular market by reading AEPC’s reports on market analysis and global fashion trends. As a result, exporters can plan their market strategies accordingly.
- In addition to showcasing their products, the council hosts fairs to seek out new international customers.
Who Is Eligible to Register With the AEPC?
As a registered exporter, any ready-made apparel business can register with the council. The garment exporter whose export performance in three preceding financial years has exceeded one crore can become a member exporter. In order to take advantage of the AEPC’s programs and schemes, one must register with the organization and obtain a Registration Cum Membership Certificate (RCMC).
Why Hire Vakilsearch?
If you want to register your garment export business with the AEPC, you can either go to their website or get in touch with professionals. Registration might seem complicated. You can obtain complete and accurate documentation by hiring professionals like Vakilsearch. With Vakilsearch, you can simplify, speed up, and hassle-free the cumbersome registration process.