Information on all Indian corporations can be found on the official website of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). You may need to register with the MCA if you’ve recently set up your own company in India. Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) are included in the online portal of MCA. Among the information that can be found on the site is information about business license serial numbers, dates of formation, types of businesses, fees, and members. The balance sheets and other documents related to the company are available online for a fee upon payment of the appropriate charge.
MCA provides an easy way for you to find out more details about a company before you partner with them, such as finding out more information about a specific business in India. Let’s get started. To begin with, let’s explain the MCA.
What is the role of MCA?
A business’s certification status can be verified with MCA Master Data (Ministry of Corporate Affairs). As a result of the MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) project, the registration procedure and paperwork for businesses in India were digitized in 2006. Finding information about a company registered in India is now as easy as ever thanks to the Internet!
The first step in finding out about a business is to log in to a search engine (such as Google). To find out if a business is listed, you can begin a search by typing in the full or partial name of the business in the address bar.
Information about a listed firm in India can be obtained from the MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) Master Data:
- CIN (Corporate Identification Number)
- The firm’s name
- ROC Identification Number
- Company Registrar (ROC) Details
- Limited-by-shares, limited-by-guarantee, and unlimited-by-shares companies)
- Company Sub Category (Indian Government Company/Indian Non-Governmental Company)
- Classification of a firm (public/private)
- Firm’s authorized capital
- The firm’s registered capital
- In the registration date
- Contact address status
- List of email addresses
- Recent date of the annual general meeting
- Date by which the balance sheet is due
- The status of the firm
In addition to other significant factors, a shareholder should consider the following when forming a company:
- Check the details of your new company against the list of names that are forbidden;
- Check the trademark of the business name registered;
- Verify the URL of the suggested business name.
Steps involved in registering a company
Checking an organization’s incorporation status
- Using a device that is connected to the internet, search for information;
- Visit the Ministry of Corporate Affairs’ website;
- Click on the MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) services tab and choose View Business from the drop-down list;
- After entering the first three letters of the firm name in – Business Name (Enter at least two or three characters for Firm Name); click the Search button.
- With the letters filed will be a list of business names. Click the desired Company Firm Name page or copy the Corporate Identification Number (CIN);
- Enter the Corporate Identification Number (CIN) in the column called Business CIN;
- The Corporate Identification Number (CIN) of the business should be entered. This is a numeric code. To apply, please click here;
- That’s all. The screen will provide the necessary details about the company’s incorporation.
The Firm’s Fees
“Fee registered on firm” refers to a guarantee deed or claim that a creditor or lender gets on a firm’s property to ensure that the firm will pay off the debt. Fees against a company are typically incurred when a business or limited liability partnership (LLC) gets financial assistance from a financial company, such as a bank loan. The MCA’s functionality can be used to check if a company has taken out a loan from a bank or another financial institution.
Fee Details Resulting from the Search for the Business
- Creating or amending a fee
- Amount of fee
- The fee holder
- Holder’s Address
Verification of the authorization details of the company’s members
If you want to examine the Directors of a business or members of an LLP, use the MCA Link’s Authorization Details feature.
The following information about company executives or LLP members can be found on the internet:
- The Director’s Identification Number (DIN);
- Names of directors and shareholders;
- Directors or shareholders’ designation;
- Director or stakeholder address;
- Time and date of consultation;
- Digital Signature Validity.
They are trying to simplify corporate law because the legislature is a part of the federal government and businesses in India are a vital part of generating revenue for the country. However, as an Indian citizen, it is mandatory to adhere to post-registration regulations, which is crucial for a business as non-compliance will result in legal action by the government. Because of this, marketers should understand the next steps for the firm. The risk of non-compliance can be reduced by seeking expert assistance.
Corporate details are posted online by MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs), which is accessible by the general public and the corporation. After registering with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, companies can check the status of their incorporation via the MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) portal.
In this blog, we aim to provide all the essential information and documents needed to form a business under the Company Law of 2013. The Act has been significantly revised by the Indian government. As a result of today’s technology environment, incorporation should be done online to reduce complexity and save time for all parties involved. We hope you found this useful and that you will use it when you try to find out more details about a business with MCA in the future.