The trademark (TM) is the only identity that differentiates your business, product, or service from others. Trademark Registration (TM) protects your business’ conceptual property. It protects the investments you’ve made in creating trust and commitment among your customers. By registering your trademark, you protect yourself from those who attempt to copy yours and prevent others from using a similar trademark. The Trademark Act, 1999 defines trademark as a mark that is efficient in identifying and distinguishing products, services and goods from one another. This may include the shape, color combinations, and packaging of goods. Trademarks can include signatures, names, labels, headings, etc. The trademark holder can be an individual, business organization, or any enterpriser.
What is the meaning of trademark registration?
The term trademark refers to a word, phrase, symbol or design that identifies and distinguishes a specific product from other businesses based on its unique wording, phrase, symbol or design. A trademark is a unique identifier for a product owned by an organization.
You can register many features of your brand image as trademarks. Decide which features are most important to your customers and register those.
- Name: This can include a product name, a business name, a person’s name and surname, or abbreviations.
- Logo/Symbol: Select your brand name and logo.
- The tagline: A good example is Disneyland: “The happiest place on earth.”
- Other options include: Color Marks, Sound Marks, and Scent Marks may be used.
Business benefits of trademark registration:
- A brand’s identity is laid out in it.
- It protects your brand’s identity legally.
- It helps you build customer confidence, trust, and loyalty.
- This gives your brand a unique strength.
- Unauthorized use of your brand’s identity is prevented.
The Benefits of Trademark Registration
- Exclusive Rights: The owner can have exclusive rights
- Establishes the business’s reputation and builds trust:
- It makes it easy for customers to choose the product:
- Identifies the quality of the product and the attachment of the customer:
- Self-confidence and responsibilities can be improved by creating assets:
- Your trademark is protected by the ® symbol, meaning you can’t be hacked by anyone:
- Defend your product against infringement:
- Encourages the positive image of your organization and attracts human resources:
Trademark Renewal in Jammu-And-Kashmir
Registration is valid for ten years before expiring after six months. We must renew our trademark from time to time. Trademark Renewals should be filed six months in advance of the expiration of the trademark. To remind the registered trademark owner of the expiration of its registration, the Registrar will send a notice.
Our Consultants Can Handle the Renewal Process
- Renewal applications must be filled out on the TM-12 form.
- Please contact us if you would like assistance with your application
- A trademark renewal application extends protection by 10 years.
- After filing the trademark renewal application, you can check the status of the application
- The trademark journal publishes the trademark renewal once it is approved.
Documents required for trademark registration in Jammu-and-Kashmir
- Aadhaar Card or Name of Applicant
- Applicant’s address proof
- Logos/wordmarks/company names
- Applicant’s signature
- Form TM-48 – Power of Attorney (POA) signed
Trademark Application Filing in Jammu-And-Kashmir
After searching for a trademark, a trademark application can be filed with the trademark registrar.
The following information may be included:
- Logos and trademarks
- Name of applicant and permanent address of trademark holder
- Classification or Trademark Classification
- The trademark has been used since the date
- Describe the goods, products, or services briefly.
- Allotment of a trademark application
Know More : Trademark Registration in Jammu And Kashmir
What are the benefits of renewing a trademark?
- It establishes your legal rights and protects your product.
- The brand name creates a unique identity for your products
- It creates business opportunities and can be transferred to interested parties
- It prevents the misuse of your brand name and products
- Providing legal protection for brand names
Which documents are required for Trademark Renewal?
- A copy of the registration certificate should be obtained
- An address proof and an application form (TM-A) are required.