In some countries, you can get married without telling your parents. You may be familiar with the term “court marriage” if you are from such a nation. A court marriage is when a couple marries in front of a judge rather than a religious leader or priest.
To prevent children from being exploited, certain registered marriage rules and regulations have been established in India. One such rule is that you must include your parent’s name and address on the application form whenever you apply for a passport or other document. If you don’t, you might have problems down the road.
There are a number of options today for getting married without the parents’ permission. However, prior to discussing those strategies, let us first comprehend what court marriage is.
How Does Court Marriage Work?
A court marriage is a legal ceremony in which two people who are not yet married wed under the direction of a judge. Civil marriages are another name for weddings held in court. During the ceremony, the couple is required to follow certain formalities. They must submit a joint affidavit to demonstrate their relationship. They must then sign the papers in front of the judge along with their witnesses. The couple then gets married.
How can a court marriage be conducted without informing parents?
There are many ways to get married in court without telling your parents. You can use services that are available online, or you can visit a lawyer’s office.
Learn more: Court Marriage Procedure
Lawyer’s Office You must schedule an appointment if you want to visit a lawyer’s office. He will inquire about your relationship status during the meeting. If you want, he will also give you a copy of the report and some forms to fill out. After that, he will assist you in completing the forms and returning them to his office. He will take care of everything there.
How to proceed?
- Request that they sign an affidavit stating that they have no objection to you marrying someone else. The magistrate and the registrar should sign this affidavit together.
- A marriage license application must be made at the local registry office.
- A response typically arrives between three and four weeks later.
- You must go to the court to apply for permission to perform the ceremony after receiving the response from the registry office. This comes at a cost of Rs. 100 per day.
- You are required to bring the application form and permission slip to the registry office after receiving permission from the court.
- The officer will notify you of the next hearing date once you have submitted the application form to the registry office.
- You are required to appear at the court with all of the aforementioned documents when the hearing date arrives. If there are no objections, the wedding will be performed as soon as possible.
- After your wedding, you must file a petition with the family court. You will need to demonstrate that you have been living together continuously for at least two years.
- After proving everything, the judge will issue his final verdict and order.
- Get a copy of the judgment for each other and keep it safe.
- You are required to pay the court a fine of Rs. 500/- following the judgment.
- You must ensure that you do not break the law again after paying the fine.
Conclusion: Getting married is one of life’s most significant decisions. It is very important to choose someone you love and who also loves you. Therefore, talk to your parents first before taking this significant step. Check out all of the benefits and drawbacks of getting married. Before making any decisions, take your time. Give yourself enough time to contemplate your future.