A non-profit organisation (NGO) is a group or company of social activists working for a cause. It consists of individuals who are social activists devoted to charitable enterprises.
Some Popular NGOs in India
- Childline India
- Smile Foundation
- Nanhi Kali
- Helpage India
- Give India Foundation’
- Sammaan Foundation
- Kiss Foundation
The purpose of an NGO
NGOs help disadvantaged sections of society rise up. Additionally, NGO’s are essential for bridging the gap of inequalities and unfair treatment. Further, they strive to improve the lives of victims of poverty and injustice.
They also work to better the lives of women, children, and anyone else who is suffering. Furthermore, these organizations strive to create a prosperous society with no suffering or uncertainty.
The following are some of the most important categories in which NGOs operate:
NGOs working in the environment. A lot of their effort is devoted to protecting endangered species of the ecosystem. Among ENGOs, Greenpeace and the World Wide Fund for Nature stand out.
Technical assistance is provided by these NGOs.
An NGO of this type lends advocacy to small businesses to help them grow.
Global NGOs deal with business relations for the welfare of society on a higher level.
As a global organization, NGOs alleviate the challenges hampering humanity’s prosperity.
A national non-governmental organization handles issues related to people and the environment in a particular nation.
Several nations are involved in transnational NGOs. Then, they deal with all the problems that pertain to a certain country.
Importance of an NGO
- By doing so, they contribute significantly to the empowerment of women who suffer from the impacts of patriarchy and unfair treatment
- NGOs defend children’s rights. Further, they prevent children from being sexually abused, tortured, and abandoned. As well, NGOs are involved in tackling issues like child labor
- In their effort to help the elderly, NGOs make a great deal of effort. They also construct special old age homes for them and collect funds for their improvements
- NGO’s work with widowed women and the unemployed. They also create employment opportunities for women in rural areas and other backward communities through handicrafts and artisan training
- Additionally, non-governmental organizations are important rescuers of victims of natural catastrophes. Organize funds, rehabilitation centers, and clinic services for the plight of the victims.
Registering an NGO :
An NGO’s registration in India can be done in three simple steps online through Vakilsearch in just a few simple steps:
- In addition, we provide assistance and advice about entity selection and how to select the most appropriate entity
- Furthermore, our team can assist you with every aspect of filing and registration in no time
- Then we will register your NGO and manage all the post-compliance obligations on your behalf