Employees can update or edit family details in the ESIC Registration Portal Online by contacting their employers. Employers can follow the basic steps mentioned in the article to do so.
ESIC Registration Portal Online Steps for Updating or Editing Family Details
- Access the ESIC site for your workplace using your registered user id and password.
- On the ESIC portal main page, click “Update particulars of the insured person.”.
- Then, click on Search and enter the IP address or numbered address of the insured. Once the employee’s name appears, click on Edit.
- If you click on the “Family Details” link, you will be able to update the employee’s family information as well as make changes to previously updated information.
- As soon as you accept the declaration and click on the submit button, your family members will be added to your account.
- If the insured individual wishes to remove a family member from their active family list, they should do so.
- The employer will issue a new ESIC Pehchan card with the revised information once it has completed the update process on the ESIC Portal.
- Insured persons and their family members will be able to receive medical care at their local ESIC facilities with the new Pehchan card.
To update or edit family details in ESIC Registration Portal Online, we recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Registering with ESIC: Eligibility
The minimum number of full-time employees required for ESIC registration is ten, with a monthly salary not exceeding Rs 21,000 per employee.
How does ESI registration Benefit employees?
When an employee is unable to work, they are covered by the ESIC. Employees who are unable to work because of illness, pregnancy, or an injury sustained on the job also get financial help to compensate for lost pay. Additionally, the ESI plan provides coverage for the dependents of employees.
How does ESIC Registration Online Benefit Employers?
ESIC Registration allows employers to comply with Indian laws and regulations. It can also be used as a marketing tool to attract the right people to their businesses.
Employers must register with ESIC, is that a Legal Requirement?
Employees with disabilities who earn below Rs.25,000 per month are also required to contribute to the Employees’ State Insurance Scheme (ESI). Companies with more than 10 workers are required to register with the Employees’ State Insurance Scheme (ESIC).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Employee State Insurance
Which medical benefits are available to employees once they register with ESI?
An insured person covered by the Act and their families will receive medical attention and treatment when needed. This is the only benefit provided in-kind through the State Governments including Model Hospitals run by ESI Corporation (excluding Delhi) and provided uniformly to all as per their requirement without linking it to their wages and contributions.
What are the steps to calculate wages for ESI contribution?
For the computation of wages for payment of contribution, the following wage components are considered. Basic Pay/Wages/Salary; D.A./ HRA/ CCA/ Overtime/ Officiating allowances/ Night shift allowances/ Efficiency allowances/ Heat, Gas, Dust allowances/ Education allowances/ Food & Tea allowances/ conveyance allowance; Overtime wages (but not taken into account when determining coverage). The wages/ salary/pay for public holidays and weekly off; d) Commissions paid to sales staff; e) Subsistence allowances paid to employees during suspension; f) Attendance Bonuses or incentives or exgratia in lieu of Attendance Bonuses or Production incentives; g) Regular Honoraria or salary or remuneration paid to Directors; h) Collection Bhatta for running staff. Incentives for production, bonuses other than statutory bonuses, night shifts, heat, gas and dust allowances, meals/food allowances. If an employee has been paid remuneration in the form of cash pursuant to the terms of the employment contract, expressed or implied.