A trademark registration permits the use of symbols, words, or products that a company offers. These symbols are used to distinguish the goods and services offered by a company from those of its competitors. Once a company has registered its trademark, other organizations cannot use the symbol as long as the trademark is in use.
Vakilsearch has helped many companies to obtain trademark registration in Lakshadweep. Trademark registration is a lengthy process and requires proper guidance. When it comes to trademark registration, our experts will give you the right guidance.
Let’s take a look at the documents required to obtain trademark registration in Lakshadweep Islands.
The entire process of registering a trademark in Lakshadweep is now online. Simply submit the following documents.
- Identification of Trademark Applicant
- Copying a PAN map
- Copy of Aadhar map
- Certificate of Incorporation (if the corporation or LLP wishes to register the trademark)
- Logo (if applicable and available)
- Proof of applicant’s address.
Trademarks are differentiating factors that differentiate the goods and services you offer from your competitors. Trademarks cannot be registered, are offensive, have no distinctiveness, and even if they contain government emblems. Trademark registrations are valid for 10 years, so they need to be renewed.
The Lakshadweep rebranding process can be completed six months before the brand expires. Notification will be sent to renew the mark in Lakshadweep before it expires. If an individual fails to complete a trademark renewal on Lakshadweep, the registrar may remove the trademark from the trademark journal. This only happens after he is 12 months from the expiration date.
Brand recovery is possible in 6-12 months. After your trademark registration expires, you can extend your registration by paying a fine.
Lakshadweep Rebranding Checklist
- The trademark is registered and needs to be renewed.
- A trademark search should be conducted to ensure that there are no similar trademarks.
- In the event of a trademark dispute, a legal opinion should be obtained. Applications for extension must be submitted in accordance with the relevant conditions.